Dselect and xlib

I just tried to do an upgrade of my system using dselect.

I used H to put all packages on hold, then used G on the required base
packages section, and took the dependency stuff as default.
When I went to run install I got the "Oh dear" message about xlib. What
package in base depends on this library? As far as I know (and I've done
about 40 upgrades by hand at this point) it has nothing to do with the
base packages, so why does dselect insist that it needs it (I know why it
can't find it. I haven't got x11 into my archive yet.)?

TIA,

Dwarf