Re^2: New perl package
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org (Guy Maor)
- Cc: debian-devel@Pixar.com (Debian Developer Mailing List)
- Subject: Re^2: New perl package
- From: email@example.com (David Frey)
- Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 17:59:16 +0200 (MET DST)
- Message-id: <m0uEeJC-000AHqC@eos>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.SOL.3.91.960430182538.6584Efirstname.lastname@example.org> from "Guy Maor" at Apr 30, 96 06:25:49 pm
Guy> > Please don't do this ! Configure it to think that csh isn't
Guy> > available. You can't make an vital package like Perl depend on an
Guy> > optional one like csh ...
Guy> I'm not sure if this is possible. perl uses csh to do its globbing. I
Guy> wonder if it could just be changed to use bash? The globbing isn't
Guy> completely compatible though.
Why can't perl use glob(3)?