Re: problem with man?

I found 4 packages that generated problems with whatis.  Three of them were
fixed within a day of the time I reported them.  They are:  maildist.1
mailpatch.1, and maillist.1; all are part of the mailagent package.

I did not report another file that was causing problems, because, well,
no particular excuse.  That file---which is man2/ioctl_list.2---is very much
out of date, and is also very much out of manpage format, so it struck me
that more than a little surgery would be needed.  I "fixed" it by adding
these lines just after the comment section at the top:

.TH IOCTL_LIST 2
.SH NAME
ioctl_list \- type information for non-pointer args.
.SH SYNOPSIS

Then I ran
    mandb -c
which created a new lookup database, and man and apropos seem to be working
fine now.

If any of that is actually any help to you, let me know and I'll file
a real bug report.

Susan Kleinmann
sgk@sgk.tiac.net