Re: uploaded pine, pico, imapd

Bruce Perens wrote:
> Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > Does non-free still go on distribution CDs?
>
> CD manufacturers are free to include non-free on their CDs, but they
> _must_ verify the license terms of the programs and secure permission,
> make a payment, etc. where necessary. These negociations should be done
> directly between the software license holders and the CD manufacturers.
>
> I really have to do this to protect the people who will distribute
> Debian (including you).

It would be much easier for the people who will distribute Debian if
each package in non-free comes with a separate copyright file. It
would be much easier for them to check each copyright notice without
looking at the sources. Maybe we should create a new directory for
these files (.../non-free/copyright).

Thanks,

Peter

--
 Peter Tobias                                EMail:
 Fachhochschule Ostfriesland                 tobias@et-inf.fho-emden.de