pbmplus/netpbm (was: Re^2: Shared graphics libs & header file locations...)

James> If not, I will just upload my copy of ELF netpbm, with a split off
James> of the libraries.  I guess I will also split out the one or two non-free
James> parts of netpbm, since it would be a shame to make every CDROM user
James> download the whole thing, when only a few files are restricted.

I agree 100%. It would be shame to drop netpbm only because it is able to
read/and write .GIF-files ...
Put the pnmtogif/giftopnm stuff into non-free.

PS: Do you provide shared library versions of the libp[bpnm].a files?
    I haven't tried this out (yet), but this would obsolete the merging
    of the binaries (MERGE define) and the resultant binaries would be
    easier replaceable (mgetty's g3topbm comes to mind)/it would be easier
    to write separate programs.

David (Frey)