Re: kernel tree for install disks?

Yes, I noticed that problem trying to patch up from sources-1.3.64. I
finally punted, decided "a development source tree isn't a package
anyway" :-) and grabbed the latest tar file (1.3.94) from tsx. Built
that (transfered about 10 floppies with of stuff to *do* the build, by
which point I had plenty to just build the pcmcia source packages
anyway.)

Hmm. Maybe the right "package" for pcmcia stuff would be
	1) a kernel
	2) /lib/modules/that-kernel-version
	3) pcmcia config files
	4) pcmcia programs
and have postinst tack something on to lilo.conf and rerun lilo?

Hmm. Of course, to get bootstrapped, it might make more sense to have
a disk which *boots* that kernel - so the procedure for the user is
	1) standard debian 1.1 5-disk install (b+r+base1/2/3)
	2) tell dselect to mount a single floppy which has a Packages
file, new kernel, and the other stuff above, and have it install that
	3) have the postinst hack lilo, but as a fallback just let
them boot the same floppy? Anyway, get them rebooted with the new
kernel, and conincidentally pcmcia stuff is up.
	4) they drop in the network/scsi/modem card and suck down the
*rest* of debian.

This way I could put out a 1.3.94 pcmcia disk and not have to update
it as fast as Bruce does :-)

I'll have to get some sleep and think about this later, but it just
might work. Do send comments...