Re: Getting configure/make/gcc working on new 1.1 system.

On Mon, 22 Apr 1996, Bruce Perens wrote:

> I think the kernel problem will go away if you remove /usr/include/asm
> and make it a symbolic link to /usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386 . This
> could be fixed by having the libc maintainer take over the "includes"
> package.
>
> You'd have to look at the configure program and figure out why it says
> cross-compiling - I've not seen that one before.

Interestingly:  I made the change you suggested, but that (alone) wasn't it.
I did find the problem: gcc and/or other packages such as the kernel source
did not get installed properly the first time I ran dselect.  I simply
reran the Install step, and the problems seemed to go away.  I did compile
a kernel, but it broke my ethernet connection, so I need to look at
that tomorrow (I'm at home now with my 0.93 system and my slow modem link).

Also, that 'cross-compiling=yes' result seems to have vanished as well
after I reran dselect.  There are still some mysteries here,
I think.  I'll try again tomorrow morning.

Thanks.  Syrus.

Syrus Nemat-Nasser <syrus@ucsd.edu>    UCSD Physics Dept.