Re: dchanges...dpkg...or me?

On Sun, 21 Apr 1996, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> I just tried to run dchanges on the various pine packages and got this:
>
> ERROR: Deb filename dosnt match contents: pine-3.93-1.i386.deb
> expected pine-3.93-1 .deb

I ran into this problem.  I have my debian.rules file substituting a
string in my debian.control file and found that the string in the control
file has a space character following it.  I removed the space and all is
well.

> It's not clear what dchanges is doing (I haven't looked yet), but it
> looks like something internal to dpkg-deb didn't work right. It's
> probably something I did/didn't do, and clearly has to do with the
> Architecture stuff. The control file has an architecture field, shouldn't
> this be enough?

No, I don't think so anymore (not that I agree).  dchanges seems to
complain if you do not embed the architecture into the package name you
are going to upload.  This may make it obvious where to put the file in
the archive, but after that it seems very redundant.

Hope this helps a little anyway,

Kenny Wickstrom           | gnu - a new generation in s/w devel/support
kenny@kennet.com          | Linux - a much improved Un*x clone
(847)740-4008             | Debian - a Linux distribution setting the
#include <std-disclaimer> |    standard for future distributions