Debian task based "meta-packages"

Someone mentioned something similar a while back, but...

I think we could get a lot of mileage out of some kind of module (or
meta-package) system.  In such a setup the user could select modules
describing things they want to do with the machine like www-server,
news-server, c++-developer, etc.  When a user selected these, the
right packages would all be installed (perhaps asking a few questions
like which server do you want?), and then maybe a set of higher level
config scripts would run which stepped them through a reasonable
setup and pointed them to the docs for the rest...

Just pondering...
--
Rob