Re: Gzipping man files

Someone:

From: Richard Kettlewell <richard@elmail.co.uk>
> I'm tempted to agree with this, myself.

Have you timed the speed of un-compression? It's 10 times faster than
compression - it doesn't seem to be a tremendous overhead. Even the
largest man page uncompressed very quickly on my system. Most of the
time seemed to be spent in disk I/O, which we'd have anyway.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Pixar Animation Studios: Reality is not our business.
Pixar's "Toy Story" $184.79M domestic, $101.7M overseas and counting.