Re: proposal: send every developer his outstanding bug reports

Hi,

>>"Dale" == Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:

Dale> On Fri, 12 Apr 1996, Sven Rudolph wrote:
Sven> Every week a list of all outstanding bug reports listed by developer
Sven> is posted to debian-devel.

Sven> I propose to send every developer a list of all outstanding bug
Sven> reports for his packages via e-mail regularly, e.g. every week too.

Sven> So every developer should stay aware of his outstanding bug reports.

Sven> What do you think about this proposal ?

Dale> As I already get between 100 and 200 e-mail pieces per day, I'm
Dale> not too interested in seeing some more, specially when this is
Dale> redundant. From the weekly bug report list, I extract all the
Dale> bug numbers that belong to me. If I don't already have the bug
Dale> report, I get them from the bug system with 'send bug#' and keep
Dale> the outstanding reports in a mail folder for that
Dale> purpose. Giving me another batch of mail to sort through, where
Dale> I will most likely delete them as duplicates anyway, doesn't
Dale> seem to serve any purpose I'm aware of.

	Quite.  However, if you look at the bugs database, it seems
 that not every maintainer is as conscientious as you are, and the
 bug list would benefit from periodic reminders to people, espescially
 if it was compressed into a single mail message/digest.

	IMHO, the apparent longevity of the bugs is bad PR for the
 project.

Dale> Thanks,

Dale> Dwarf

	manoj
--
Captain Penny's Law: You can fool all of the people some of the time,
and some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool mom.  %%