clnttcp_create: RPC ... with Debian 1.1

Hi,

I have just installed Debian 1.1 on a clean machine and all seemed to go
well.  However, when I boot I get an error as amd is starting saying:
"clnttcp_create: RPC: Program not registered."  I believe I have the
latest netbase and netstd packages installed.  I have also installed
source-1.3.64 and built a custom kernel.

Amd seems to be working correctly, ie: I can mount /net/somehost/somefs.
Amd is in the /etc/rpc file.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks,

Kenny Wickstrom           | gnu - a new generation in s/w devel/support
kenny@kennet.com          | Linux - a much improved Un*x clone
(847)740-4008             | Debian - a Linux distribution setting the
#include <std-disclaimer> |    standard for future distributions