Re: What happened to the YP programs?

You (Dominik Kubla) wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> last week i decided to reinstall a system which had lived happily wiht 093R6
> from scratch using the development stuff.  Apart from problems already reported
> it seems that the yp daemons have disapeared.  What's happened to them?
> Are we finally converting to NYS?

No, not just yet ;)

>If not when will the yp daemons reappear?

ASAP. If you need it _now_, you can always get a snapshot from
ftp.cistron.n/pub/people/miquels/debian. INN is there as well.

We're moving our main NIS server to a Debian machine tomorrow if all
goes well. I can then test this stuff for real, and if its all hunkydory
I'll upload it to master (well to 206.x.x.x ;))

Mike.
--
  Miquel van    | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
  Smoorenburg,  | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/