Re: Bug in dftp: ignoring more files.

> There was an earlier posting about a problem with dftp.  Mainly that
> it ignored libg++.  It turns out that that's not the only package it
> ignores, and it's not the pluses in the name.  At least on my system
> it is also ignoring nethack and svgalib1.  I checked, and they are in
> the Packages file it downloads, but they never show up in the select
> file.

Dftp will not report any packages that don't have a "Section:" in their
control field.

> I guess I might look at the source and see what's up.  Wasn't there
> some mention about porting it to perl?

I had at one point planned to port it to Perl, but I doubt it will ever
happen.  I don't have the time, and with dselect being improved to better
display what is new, I don't know if there is a point any longer.

                                        Brian
                               ( bcwhite@verisim.com )