Re: autoconf question

  "Mark W Eichin" writes:
  Mark>  It looks to me like the bug is in the include
  Mark> files... ie. everything in linux/ that is intended to be exposed to
  Mark> user programs should be in sys/ as well, especially if it is "like"
  Mark> sys/ headers on other systems (which presumably this one is, if the
  Mark> autoconf test actually leads to the package working...)

I am not sure that I understand what you are trying to say.

The situation is as follows: GNU acct programs (which I wouldn't quite call
`user programs' include sys/acct.h. That's what configure.in and configure
look there.

However, the Linux Accounting patch (now part of the kernel since 1.3.72 or
.73) decides for some oddball reason to have acct.h in /usr/include/linux. So
configure doesn't find it. I agree that the Linux Accounting should fix this
by providing the file in sys rather than linux ---- but how do I fix configure
in the meantime?

Once I trick it into searching in linux rather than sys, it builds fine and
works just fine too. I'd rather fix configure in with an #ifdef like
statement if such a beast exist. Know nothing about autoconf myself, though.

--
Dirk Eddelb"uttel                              http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd