Re: Uploads to chiark

David Engel writes:

> > > Date: 17 Mar 96 15:12 UT
> > > Source: libtermcap
> > > Binary: libtermcap
> > > Version: 2.0.5-2
>
> When was termcap 2.0.5 packaged?  We should be discouraging it's use
> as much as possible.

I absolutely agree. Under Debian we use terminfo instead of termcap. Since
rpncalc seems to be the only package depending on libtermcap I think this
should be recompiled with ncurses. However, I think a libtermcap package is
usefule, too. In particular I like to be able to run binaries from other
machines/distributions. I would suggest to take out all development files
from libtermcap, that is libtermcap.a, termcap.h and the libtermcap.so link.
That way we have a shared library package useful for compatibility but it
cannot be used for development at all.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes                   |    _____ ________ __  ____