Re: Mac file systems?

dwarf@polaris.net (Dale Scheetz)  wrote on 18.03.96 in <Pine.LNX.3.91.960318094702.1704A-100000@dwarf.polaris.net>:

> I have seen indications, in several places, that Linux is being ported to
> the Macintosh, yet, I have seen no indication of a macfs in the works
> anywhere. This file system would be at least as useful as msdos.
> Can anyone reduce my ignorance on this matter?

I have a vague memory of hearing about such a beast.

In any case, there are two Mac filesystems - the old one (MFS) is probably
currently only used on floppies (maybe even only on old ones?) and has no
real subdirectories, the "modern" (HFS, several years old now) one is a
lot more intelligent (one of the file systems using B-trees).

MfG Kai