Re: lynx

> many databases together, and using Java applets to send the
> _information client_ and the information out.  You need a graphical

Uhh, no, you need a *java* browser to make it work properly... Mosaic,
chimera, or arena wouldn't help. I think there's a limit to how fine
grained this needs to get, I'm not sure which side of the line java
falls on though. ("Not ready for prime time" may be one qualification :-)

> Java and HTML 3.0 take off and become more popular.  They may also
That would be "extensions to HTML 2.0"; the HTML 3.0 draft expired,
and the W3O has said they'll be introducing the features incrementally
as they can develop consensus...

> browers as the base (something like SATAN). In my opinion, it would be
If I recall correctly, SATAN didn't do any image display, and really,
that's the only thing a "graphical" web browser has [and even lynx
will fire up an external browser for images if you want it to.]

I think the distinction is not all that useful; just have a single
virtual name of "www client" or better yet "http client" since that's
what these backends really use :-) And be sure the w3.el module
satisfies it...