Re: lynx, pine, metamail...(mailcap&mime.types) netbase?

So far Andrew, your lynx, my pine, someones metamail ;-) and possibly
Peter's netbase/netstd packages are at least involved in this question.
If Peter will agree to install it in one of those two packages, we can
remove it from our installations. Peter is that acceptable?

I'm ready to rip it out of pine, but don't want to orphan it. I assume
that when these files are moved to netbase/netstd that we will need to
make our packages depend on it/them. Peter, let us know what you think!

On Sat, 16 Mar 1996, Andrew Howell wrote:

> I want to release a new version of the lynx package this weekend but
> I need some things resolved first.
>
> I want to have a virtual package for web browsers, I mentioned this
> before and got no response, in the virtual packages document it says
> you shouldn't use a virtual package unless it's been approved. I want
> to use the name 'web-browser', if anyone has any objections speak now
> or I'm going to assume this is good and just use it.
>
> The other thing is that currently lynx supplies /etc/mime.types. People
> have been talking about moving mime.types and mailcap into another
> package of their own or netbase. Is this going to happen? Should I
> not supply mime.types in the new version of lynx or what? If it is
> going to happen, what package is it going to be in so I can add it
> as a Recommendation or whatever.
>
> Andrew
>
> --
> Dehydration - 34%, Recollection of previous evening - 2%, embarrassment
> factor - 91%.  Advise repair schedule:- off line for 36 hours, re-boot
> startup disk, and replace head - wow, what a night!
>                 -- Kryten in Red Dwarf `The Last Day'
>
> Andrew Howell				               andrew@it.com.au
> Perth, Western Australia		      howellaa@cs.curtin.edu.au

Dwarf