Re: not for 1.1

Raul Miller writes:

> How much storage would it take to make everything in /bin and /sbin
> statically linked?
>
> Rational:  these programs are critical for using the system under
> degraded conditions.  Sometimes /lib will not be available.

If you do this I'd want to see a /bin/sh that was statically linked
bash with maybe some stuff taken out of it.

and a /bin/bash or /usr/bin/bash that was dynamically linked. I don't
really want to waste heaps of memory with lots of statically linked
bashes running.

Andrew

--
Dehydration - 34%, Recollection of previous evening - 2%, embarrassment
factor - 91%.  Advise repair schedule:- off line for 36 hours, re-boot

Andrew Howell				               andrew@it.com.au
Perth, Western Australia		      howellaa@cs.curtin.edu.au