Re: Uploaded: bind-4.9.3-P1-2

Rob Leslie writes ("Re: Uploaded: bind-4.9.3-P1-2"):
> I see. It does in fact conflict with files in netstd prior to version 2.00.

Ah, right.  I think you ought to use Replaces, then.  That will ensure
that people (whatever dpkg they have) will have the files nicely taken
over by bind from netstd, if they install both.

> To satisfy the kernel, however, would it be acceptable to test the kernel
> version (via uname) from preinst and raise an error if it's not new enough?

I'd say you should do this in the postinst - see the thread on
debian-devel about kernel dependencies.

> I don't like the idea of depending on `image' when so many people build their
> own kernels.

Yes.

Ian.