Re: Net packages should be compiled under the 1.2 kernel include files

Miquel van Smoorenburg writes:

> Okay. I've just finished inn-1.4unoff3. It has lots of special-case
> patches for Linux 1.2, but it is ELF. Does this mean I can take those
> (arguably ugly) patches out, assuming that everyone using debian-1.1 and/or
> debian-elf is going to run a 1.3 kernel? (It needs the UNIX DGRAM sockets)

I would think so.  Unless you want me to put it in the stable tree.  But
since I won't, you can remove the patches ;)

> Do you think a test with uname in the preinst script to see if it's
> running on an 1.3 (or higher) kernel would be appropriate?

I would think that it's not necessary.

--
Carl Streeter                   |  "Etiquette-wise, there is no proper time
streeter@cae.wisc.edu           |    to use the phrase 'It sucks.'" --Dogbert