Re: boot floppies status report

> > So are we close to say beta 1.1 ??
>
> Yes. I think the upgrade-in-place functionality (pre-depends and so on)
> is the critical-path item at the moment.

I hope Ian Jackson is getting close to finishing his changes to dpkg.
As for the base packages, I can probably rebuild most of them this
weekend to add the predepends/essential stuff.  Would the base package
developers please let me know ASAP which packages they can do
themselves and which ones I should go ahead and do myself.

FYI, here the current packages in my binary/base directory:

adduser-1.94-3.deb
ae-96.2-1.deb
base-0.93.6-13.deb
bash-1.14.6-3.deb
bsdutils-2.0-1.deb
chfn-1.0-5.deb
diff-2.7-9.deb
dpkg-1.1.0.deb
dpkg-1.1.0.nondebbin.tar.gz
e2fsprogs-1.01-3.deb
ed-0.2-10.deb
fdflush-1.0.0-1.deb
fileutils-3.12-3.deb
findutils-4.1-6.deb
gawk-3.0.0-1.deb
grep-2.0-4.deb
gzip-1.2.4-8.deb
hostname-1.9-0.deb
image-1.3.64-0.deb
kbd-0.90-4a.deb
last-5-13.deb
ld.so-1.7.14-1.deb
libc5-5.2.18-1.deb
libdb1-1.85.2-6.deb
libgdbm1-1.7.3-9.deb
libreadline2-2.0-13.deb
lilo-17-1.deb
mbr-1.0.0-2.deb
miscutils-1.3-7.deb
modules-1.3.57-1.deb
mount-2.5-5.deb
ncurses-base-1.9.8a-4.deb
ncurses-bin-1.9.8a-4.deb
ncurses3.0-1.9.8a-4.deb
procps-0.99-1b.deb
sed-2.05-5.deb
setserial-2.10-7.deb
sh-utils-1.12-4.deb
sysklogd-1.2-19.deb
syslinux-1.20-0.deb
sysvinit-2.58-2.deb
tar-1.11.8-3.deb
textutils-1.11-3.deb
timezone-7.46-0.deb

Also, at least on my system, the following packages are still a.out:

kbd
gs
kermit
mincom
auto-pgp
rpncalc
hdparm
almost all tex/*

When can we expect ELF versions of these?

David