Re: Could anyone explain me?

Michael Meskes writes:
>Richard Kettlewell writes:
>> Which?
>
>1.28-6

It would be very helpful if you could describe as accurately as
possible the location of config files and symlinks to them before you
tried to install this.

Could anyone else who plays with the svgalib from the unstable tree be
sure to do this, please?  The intent of the svgalib preinst is to turn
any situation it finds with the config files into a fairly sane one,
and if you've produced a situation which it doesn't cope with well
then I need to know what it is.

>It appears to work again now that I manually installed the config
>files.  It seems for some reason both files were deleted but the
>install script acted as if it was there. Maybe it has something to do
>with an incorrect entry in /var/lib/dpkg/status.

I don't know.  Ian, does that sound as if it makes sense?

ttfn/rjk