Initial release of news (System V - like local news tool)
I have uploaded the initial release of news(1) to master. This is a site-news
tool (do not confuse that with Usenet news!) as found on System V.
I recommed that it be added to the BASE category, because:
* It is the best way to guide new users.
* It is the best way to tell users about changes on the local system.
* It might be used by Debian-Packages to tell users about changes after
an upgrade (Just put eg the NEWS file of GNU packages into /var/news
and each user will see that there were changes at the next login.)
Still TO DO:
* Write a WELCOME file for new users.
* Write a INTRODUCTION file with infos about differences between Debian
and other Linux systems.
* Change .profile template to call news(1) at each login. (Wouldn't do
that without the consensus of the list...)
Date: 01 Mar 96 14:51 UT
news: System news tool (conformant to SVR4)
Changes: Initial release (i386).
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 15478 Mar 1 14:57 news-0.8-1.tar.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 15652 Mar 1 14:58 news-0.8-1.diff.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8445 Mar 1 14:57 news-0.8-1.deb
Visit the FAN SITE of the WORLD LEAGUE OF AMERICAN FOOTBALL: