Re: /bin/perl

Michael Meskes writes:
>Bruce Perens writes:

>>Actually, I was thinking that the perl package should provide
>>/bin/perl and make /usr/bin/perl a symbolic link.
>
>I agree that one should be a link, but the link should go into /bin sicne
>/usr/bin is
>1) the standard location for perl
>2) the correct on according to FSSTND (I cannot see why we need it a boot
>time before /usr is mounted.

/bin/run-parts is a perl script...  On my (fairly old, now) system at
work I can't find any other perl scripts in /bin or /sbin, however.

Personally I'd really like perl to be available without /usr - it's a
useful general scripting tool and as such might be convenient to have
around when recovering a system.

--
Richard Kettlewell
http://www.elmail.co.uk/staff/richard/                    richard@uk.geeks.org

Eat a live toad before breakfast and nothing worse will happen to you all day.