Re: Package authentication proposal

eichin@cygnus.com writes ("Re: Package authentication proposal"):
> There's a Free DOS clone (called FreeDOS, last I looked.) I think it's
> up on ftp.cygnus.com somewhere, mostly because we tend to mirror free
> OS stuff. Really, though, you just need a bootable version of
> pgp... with bcc16 available now (due to the Linux8086 project) this
> shouldn't be all that hard, right? :-)

Err, and in what language do we write the software that ships the keys
and stuff back and forth, and parses the requests from the frontend
machine, &c ?  I'd rather not do most of this in C; and the bits that
do need to be done in C would be a lot easier with GMP (you can avoid
PGP entirely that way - PGP is rather too unpredictable to use in most
programs ...)

Ian.