Confusion about CD distributions and GNU

Michael Meskes quoting some unknown person.
> ...it seems to me that Debian would in no way contravene the
> University's polcy if aXe were included, especially as the software is
> also freely available via ftp. I assume that whatever you charge for
> the CD distribution is purely to cover media costs.

Debian does not make a CD distribution. Various companies and organizations,
FSF among them, make CD distributions of Debian and charge money for them.

Debian will always be free software. It will always be available for free
via FTP. Anyone has the right to put it on a CD and sell it for a profit.

	Bruce
--
Bruce Perens <Bruce@Pixar.com> Pixar Animation Studios
Toy Story: > $179 Million domestic box office and an Oscar so far.