re:Just browsing the new FTP structure...

>I think it should be something like "do-not-use" rather than "unstable".
>Quite simply, if you are not subscribed to debian-devel you should not
>be using it.

The problem with "do-not-use" is that it doesn't say why it shouldn't be
used.  How about "under-development" or "under-construction" instead of

>Yes, but do you want outsiders (defined as those not subscribed to
>debian-devel) to use it, have a problem, and then comment on it publicly
>or gain a negative impression of Debian? That's what I am concerned about.
>It's one thing to have good software - supporting it is another problem.
>Let's keep outsiders off this software until we can support it.

Would it be possible to alter the login "issue" in these development
areas to provide a disclaimer like:

	Disclaimer:  This release of the Debian distribution is still
	under development.  If you use this system, please send all
	comments/questions/bug-reports to "debian-devel@pixar.com".
	Please don't make such reports publicly as such things may not
	apply to the public release of Debian (currently v0.93R6).

                                 ( bcwhite@bnr.ca )