Re: su in debian.rules

> The issue is that *I* consider, for *myself*, the need to become root
> to build a package to be a *serious* impediment.

I have one problem with this.  Since you need to be root in order to install
packages, why does it matter that you have to give root access to anybody
developing packages?  If you are not actually installing the packages you
create (even just as a test), then why would anybody else even consider
installing them?  I'd like to believe that any package I install has at least
been tested by the person who created it.

                                        Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@bnr.ca )