dpkg 1.0.11: `diversions' implemented, bugfixes
There have been a couple of changes here that could possibly break
things spectacularly, but don't appear to have done so for me. I'd
appreciate it if people would test this version, but don't be eager if
you can't take a bit of risk. If it survives a few days without
making a horrible mess for someone it's probably reasonably safe :-).
The `overrides' feature I mentioned before is implemented here. The
maintainers and potential maintainers of `elf-fmt', `colour-ls' and
similar programs should take note.
The semantics are as I posted earlier, but I've changed the
terminology according to David Engel's suggestion - thanks, David !
A file `dpkg-diversions.text' containing the lightly edited text of my
two recent messages on the subject is on its way to ftp.debian.org,
for placement in project/standards.
This is an a.out release but should go in the development tree.
If the ELF dpkg has already been put there please move it to
project/experimental and install this one instead.
dpkg (1.0.11); priority=MEDIUM
* corrected potentially serious problem with dpkg low-memory in-core
* dpkg-split --msdos puts output files in right directory. (Bug#2165.)
* diversions implemented - see `dpkg-divert --help'.
* dselect shows and uses (for dependencies) currently installed
version of a package if that is more recent.
* dpkg --force-... options are in separate help screen.
* better error messages for corrupted .deb archives. (Bug#2178.)
* dselect NFS method will unmount correct copy of NFS area if mounted
* removes some ELF compilation warnings.
-- Ian Jackson <email@example.com> Fri, 19 Jan 1996 02:41:46 +0000
-rw-r--r-- 1 root ian 204594 Jan 19 03:00 dpkg-1.0.11.deb
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root ian 201539 Jan 19 02:59 dpkg-1.0.11.nondebbin.tar.gz
-rw-rw-r-- 1 ian ian 264269 Jan 19 02:44 dpkg-1.0.11.tar.gz