Re: Bug#2117: /usr/local/bin no longer in path
- To: email@example.com
- Cc: debian-devel@Pixar.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#2117: /usr/local/bin no longer in path
- From: "Michael E. Deisher" <deisher@enws428.EAS.ASU.EDU>
- Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 08:13:20 -0700
- Message-id: <9601111513.AA12781@ganges>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.3.91.960111092942.13117Afirstname.lastname@example.org> (message from Stephen Early on Thu, 11 Jan 1996 09:31:31 +0000 (GMT))
On Thu, 11 Jan 1996 09:31:31 +0000 (GMT), Stephen Early <email@example.com> said:
> Ok. You just have to add the path to /etc/X11/Xsession or
> /etc/X11/xdm/xdm-config yourself. All the versions after 3.1.2-4 are
> ELF; there isn't going to be another a.out release.
:-/ Ok, but *please* leave the bug report OPEN so that anyone else who
is thinking of upgrading can see that things will break!
I'm not sure I like the policy of dropping support for the a.out
release. If the elf release is anything like 0.93, it will be months
before it is ready. I don't mean to sound pessimistic. I'm not. I'm
just being realistic based on our past performance.