Re: beware sysvinit 2.58 installation

I hate to reply to my own messages, but..

You (Miquel van Smoorenburg) wrote:
> The 0.93R6 sysvinit-2.57b used /var/log/initrunlevel as the file to
> communicate with init. The debian-1.0 version of sysvinit-2.57b
> changed this to /etc/initrunlvl (as the default was in the original source).

I've changed the postinst script to create a symbolic link in /var/log,
so that it will (hopefully) work in all cases. It is also backwards
compatible with other programs (UPS watchdogs etc) this way.

If I don't get any replies saying "this is a bad idea" I'll upload
the new version this afternoon (MET).

--
  Miquel van    | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
  Smoorenburg,  | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/