Re: Unanswered problem reports by maintainer

On Tue, 26 Dec 1995 iwj10@thor.cam.ac.uk wrote:

> The maintainer listed against each package is derived from the Maintainer
> field of the package as found in the development tree; there is an override
> file that can be amended to get the right results if you have taken over a
> package and do not expect to issue a new version soon.

It doesn't look like it's reading the overrides file, or at least getting
the information it needs to get from it.  I'm still marked in this report
as being the maintainer of many packages that I gave away a long time ago,
and for which I've added entries to the overrides file.

It does look like the overrides file is being used by mkpackages, however,
because Packages-Master, etc. have the right maintainers in them.