Re: Parsing package filenames (was: Re: New ftp method for dselect)

From: Raul Miller <rdm@tad.micro.umn.edu>
> Also, a cheap workaround for any existing dependency problems would be
> a Provides: entry with the old package name.

I we can either rename existing packages, or use the double-dash. I don't
care which. We must, however, make a decision reasonably soon. One of the
biggest problems of Debian, and the one that still may cause it to fail,
is it's design-by-committee nature. If we are to argue this issue for three
weeks, we'd might as well quit now.

	Bruce
--
Bruce Perens <Bruce@Pixar.com> Pixar Animation Studios