Re: New package: die

On Thu, 23 Nov 1995, Ian Jackson wrote:

>[...]
> I Having lots of packages is good, but half a dozen (probably often
> poor) implementations of the same tiny script in half a dozen
> different packages doesn't seem optimal to me.

I'd expect a rash of package contributions as hordes of new
debian users come online.  If it gets out of hand, and it well
may, we'll need some sort of traffic-cop mechanism on new packages.

That'll probably need one or more volunteers to filter submitted
packages and/or some sort of pre-submission consultation mechanism.

Whatever the mechanism is, it should have a kind and gentle approach
to dealing with prospective package submitters.

(I don't consider myself qualified to be part of that mechanism)