Re: antisocial X11 apps: xtet42, chimera

On Thu, 23 Nov 1995, Andrew Howell wrote:

> Is your 486 a dx? Do you have any video memory left over for a font cache?
> How much RAM do you have? What kind of video card?

Dx -- dunno.  Didn't take note when I had it open.  I grepped
/var/log/messages for a bogomips figure, but that's apparently
no longer part of the startup.  As I recall under earlier kernels,
it was low -- perhaps 6.something.  Better than the 386 I used
to run, which was about 4.3.

16 MB RAM -- machine unbusy and not swapping.
Cirrus video card with 1Mb on it.