Re: nvi 1.34-7 now available

Ian Murdock writes ("Re: nvi 1.34-7 now available"):
> I arranged for both of them to be primary links.  Should ex be a slave
> to vi?  I most cases, I suppose, they are the same binary.

Bill has made ex a primary too; that seems to be right.

> Oh, and I used priority 30.
>
> BTW, a suggestion wrt priority numbers--we should consider making the
> lower numbers the highest priorities (i.e., the highest priority would
> be 0; 10 would be a higher priority than 20; etc.).

I think that would be confusing.

>  By doing this, we
> could centrally specify one specific package as the "default".  In the
> case of vi, the centrally-specified default is nvi, which could have
> priority 0.

Why don't we just arbitrarily say that priority 100 is the "default",
and have the other packages use numbers up to 100 ?

Then nvi gets 100, and we have plenty of space for other clones.

I could make negative priorities possible.

Ian.