Re: pre-release 0

On Fri, 15 Sep 1995, Bruce Perens wrote:

> Pre-release 0 is available in the directory
> ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/private/project/Incoming/pre-release-0

Has anyone had success with this?  The root floppy has problems for
me.  I get IO errors after reading the root filesystem into ramdisk.
Mounting it as a minix filesystem, all seems OK except that I get IO
errors when I do.  "dd </mnt/lib/ld.so >/dev/null".  fsck -t minix
says it's clean, and zcat didn't complain about the .gz file when
making the floppy.  I've tried this on two floppies with identical
problems.  I'm currently unable to get onto the ftp site, so I
haven't been able to download a second copy of the rootdisk .gz
file and compare md5sums.