Re: Debian for Linux/{non-i386} / source packaging

On Sun, 10 Sep 1995, Raul Miller wrote:

> Yes, dpkg for source archives strikes me as somewhat silly.  If
> nothing else, you'd need a source archive for your "source archive"...

Separately addressed more verbosely.  Briefly, I was looking at this
with a user hat on and thinking of dpkg as "the tool which does things
with packages".  Seeing the sense in the source vs. binary distinction,
I think it's reasonable to think of dpkg as "the tool which does
things with binary packages", and introduce a separate tool for
doing things with source packages.