Re: Extra bug summaries

> iwj10@thor.cam.ac.uk (Ian Jackson)
>
> > I've written a script to do some more analysis of the outstanding bug
> > reports, and it currently produces one of the two lists shown below.
> >
> > Please comment on whether this is helpful, and if so which is more so,
> > whether it should be posted or put up on the WWW, what would be more
> > helpful, &c &c.
>
> It's no use to me as an individual maintainer.  I know that this
> has been previously dismissed as too difficult, but what would be
> useful would be to list the package maintainer in the buglist
> instead of the bug submitter, and to provide a version of the
> list sorted by maintainer, then by package.

I wouldn't say that it is of no use, but what Bill requests would
certainly be more useful.

Actually, I generally don't care about most of the listed bugs
(except to make sure that I'm no worse than any other maintainer :-)
so the ability to request:
	-- just my packages
	-- just certain packages
would be useful.

Requesting the list for only certain packages should be interactive,
as it would tend to be used by people who want to see if the bug they
just noticed is already in the bug list.  I imagine an HTML form can
be whipped up to deal with this.

Requesting the list of my own packages could be implemented either as
an HTML form or a mail-based server.  I think that both should be
made available, as some people do not have WWW access (shocking isn't
it? :-) and for those who do, the mail-based version might take too
long.

--
  David H. Silber     dhs@firefly.com     Project: Debian GNU/Linux (backup)
  <http://www.access.digex.net/~dhs/>     Wanted:  Spare time.