Re: New ftp method for dselect

Ian Jackson:

From: david@elo.ods.com (David Engel)
> I missed the first part of this thread.  Sorry.  What is the resoning
> for this drastic change?

Distribution file names don't parse at the moment because you can't
disambiguate the package name from the version number. I had suggested
that we standardize package names so that FTP scripts would work better
and would not have to carry around a package-to-filename cross-reference.
It's a bit more ugly, I agree.

	Thanks

	Bruce

--