Re: More ncurses...

>>>and don't like to be invoked without libncurses.so.3.0 handy.  Is it
>>>really ok to move libncurses.so.3.0 to libncurses.so.3.0.new in pre
>>
>>I thought of an obvious solution to this problem, and I'd like it shot
>>down if possible:
>>
>>simply write the scripts for doing these moves in something that's
>>guaranteed to never depend on the library.  In this case, perl is the
>>obvious answer.
>>
>>Am I missing something?
>
>Yes, other packages may be being operated on during the same dpkg run
>and they may need bash.

...and can I just mention the Curses extension to perl here?

I believe under ELF it would actually be dynamically loaded are
therefore not drag libncurses into perl unless you actually used it,
but it's so wonderful I think it deserves a mention l-)

--
Richard Kettlewell  richard@uk.geeks.org  http://www.elmail.co.uk/staff/richard/