/etc/X11/Xresources (xbase-3.1.2-5)

The new X11R6 xbase package has the following additions to /etc/X11/Xresources
since the previous version:

    !
    ! Fix Motif client handling of backspace/delete
    !
    *XmText.translations: #override\n\
          <Key>osfDelete: delete-previous-character()
    *XmTextField.translations: #override\n\
          <Key>osfDelete: delete-previous-character()

    XTerm*utmpInhibit: true
    XTerm*scrollBar: true
    XTerm*saveLines: 200

    XDvi*foreground: black
    XDvi*background: white
    XDvi*cursorColor: black

I can understand reasons for the Motif client handling resources, and don't
generally have a problem with it. (Actually I've been looking for something to
do that recently.)

However, are the remaining resources really needed? It's hard to override
these with a simple .Xresources or XAPPLRESDIR scheme.

I wouldn't have noticed these except I found the new xterm didn't log anything
into utmp; should this really be the default?

Thanks.

--
Robert Leslie
rob@advantage.org