Re: coming soon

On Sat, 16 Dec 1995, Michael K. Johnson wrote:
> All the other Linux distributions are going to /etc/rc.d/* because
> that's what comes with the svinit package.  It works very well; in
> practice I've found that it's one of the things that I like better
> about my Red Hat system than my Debian system.

Last time I looked at the source to sysvint, both the /etc/rc?.d and
/etc/rc.d setups were represented.

I also feel obligated to mention that I gave my copy of the Caldera
Preview II to one of my co-workers to run on his machine the moment I read
in the manual that they used the "in-between" configuration for sysvinit.

It's a shame, too, because I could actually use some of the NetWare
administration tools.

I mean, if you want BSD, use simpleinit or something.  If you want the
ease of use of the system V stuff, do it right.

Mike.
--
"I'm a dinosaur.  Somebody's digging my bones."