Re: Source package format - a simple proposal

On Mon, 27 Nov 1995, Bruce Perens wrote:

> From: Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.chu.cam.ac.uk>
> > 6a. No unnecessary up/down-loading by maintainers.
>
> Is this such a big issue? With your overseas FTP problems you can judge
> that, but I'd feel more confident if the maintainer uploaded the entire
> package as one piece.

I agree.  I think that providing patches only would be a bad idea,
for reasons that have already been described here.  I am strongly
of the opinion that we should provide source packages in an
easily-rebuildable form, without the need to apply patches and such.

I like Ian Jackson's proposal.