Re: ncurses build options...

On Fri, 8 Dec 1995, Jeff Noxon wrote:
> I have several months of the ncurses list archived.  If anyone is interested
> in having a copy of the archive, please let me know how to deliver it.  :)

How big is it?

> > I suspect that the distributed packaging responsibility will make it
> > unlikely that it will get that bad --- one or two versions, maybe, tops.
> Hmm.  I'll be happy if we can just get a stable version, I suppose.
> This is going to be a big problem for Linux binary compatibility between
> distributions.

Well, the one good thing (that I think was more-or-less forced on the
ncurses people) is that the maintainers are choosing the soname, so we
dont' have to worry about different distributions using different sonames
for the same library.

Mike.
--
"I'm a dinosaur.  Somebody's digging my bones."