Re: Source package format - a simple proposal

bruce@Pixar.com (Bruce Perens) said:

> From: Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.chu.cam.ac.uk>
> > 6a. No unnecessary up/down-loading by maintainers.

The issue gets bigger as the connectivity gets worse.  I think it's
a big issue, and I use a 9600 bps modem on a phone line which isn't too
terribly noisy most of the time.  It sometimes takes me several tries,
sometimes of an hour or so per try, to upload a package to a net-connected
system.  I'd _really_ like being able to upload just diffs to update a
previously uploaded package.  The last I heard, Ian J. was using a 2400 bps
modem.

> Other than that, I have no problem with your proposal.

It looked good to me as well.