Re: miscutils snag/questions for all

Bill Mitchell:
   I think we need a good way to deal with this general situation
   which is simple enough to use not to need guru advice from the dpkg
   designer.

I agree -- typically the best way of dealling with this situation is
better documentation.

Of course, where documentation fails (as it might if we wind up with a
wide variety of tactics to deal with the file name collision problem),
we'll need to come up with some better tools for analyzing/rectifying
the situation.

Ultimately, this issue is one of interface design.  Not interactive
user interface (e.g. dselect), but the file system is an interface.
Interface design is, in my opinion, one of the tougher aspects of
computer science (right after analysis).

--
Raul