Re: Elf pppd/kernel

Alvar Bray:
> Who has taken over from Bruce as the kernel source package
> maintainer?

I haven't been able to find anyone willing to take on that task
so far, and am thus still the kernel maintainer. I greatly appreciate
your helping with the PPP files, as I have a lot on my plate at the
moment.

> /usr/src/linux/drivers/net/bsd_comp.c     (was FILEVERSION 3 now 4)
> /usr/src/linux/include/linux/ppp_defs.h   (was FILEVERSION 3 now 4)
> /usr/src/linux/drivers/net/ppp.c          (was FILEVERSION 3 now 6)
>
> Hopefully updating the kernel ppp code should minimize problems with
> the elf pppd I will release RSN.

Can you give me files to merge in to the source?
Does this provide the same binary interface for PPP under the 1.2.13
and 1.3.42 kernels?

On my own system I found I had to make a few patches simply to keep
PPPd from dumping core. Have you tested your new daemon under 1.3.42 ?

I have just uploaded a new version of the 1.3.42 kernel that fixes
the ARP bug and the ELF module not loading bug.

	Thanks

	Bruce

--
Visit the "Toy Story" Web Page! http://www.toystory.com